Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Hard Knocks

#ThoughtHealing Quote For The Week: “Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door.” Coco Chanel

Are there times when you feel a little overwhelmed, but you can’t figure out how to separate the important stuff from the ordinary noise of your everyday life? Are you at a place in your life today where you can’t figure out how to get from where you are to where you want to be? Have you ever found yourself at a place where you honestly believed you had no way out of?

Well, let me tell you—I know exactly how you feel. I have to admit that I’ve found myself in a place with no obvious way out more than a few times in my life.

Like, for example, take the time I accidentally locked myself in a dark, empty barn 3 acres away from my nearest neighbor in the wee hours of the morning on New Years Day in 2005. No electricity, no water – and no cell phone because I wasn’t planning on staying down at the barn so it didn’t occur to me to bring it along.

Obviously, the fact that I’m writing this blog today means that I did find a way out. But I spent some time beating on the walls of that barn before I figured out that no amount of beating was going to transform the walls into my escape route.

Sounds like Coco Chanel might have locked herself in a barn once or twice herself, and she’s letting us know that, while we might have many options, not all of them are in our best interest.

Milton Berle said, “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door."

From my 20 years as a business process engineer in the private and public sectors as well as what I learned from just this one spectacularly stupid, personal wake-up call on New Years Day, I now know that there is ALWAYS a way out if you are prepared to create it.

Are you wasting your time beating on walls? Or are you building the door to the life that is in your best and highest interest?

Think about it!


Want to know more about transforming limited thoughts and beliefs into limitless possibilities? Check out my Examine–Envision–Emerge Personal Transformation Book Series. Each book explores a particular aspect of thought healing. Find yours online at your favorite retailer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment