Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Maybe We Do Not Speak Of It

Thought Healing Quote for the Week: “The landscapes of all our lives become as full of craters as the surface of the moon. And I write my obituaries carefully and think about how little the facts suffice, not only to describe the dead but to tell what they mean to the living all the rest of our lives. We are defined by who we have lost.” Excerpted from “Maybe We Do Not Speak Of It,” “Help Yourself” Staff Writers, Rocky Mountain News, 2001

I borrow my quote this week from the Rocky Mountain News staff writers, who wrote about loss, grief, and the “awful leisure [that] the living have after death” following the 9/11 tragedy in 2001.

This past Friday, 9/11, marked the 14th anniversary of a dark and sad day in the lives of countless people, not just in America, but around the world.

And now, 9/11 will forever be another anniversary for me: the passing of my beloved sister, Colleen Graham, who crossed over to the Other Side in the wee hours of the morning.

And if it is true that we are defined by who we have lost, then I will also forever be a better person because of who she was in my life.

Who has defined you?

Think about it!

Want to know more about transforming limited thoughts and beliefs into limitless possibilities? Check out my Examine–Envision–Emerge Personal Transformation Book Series. Each book explores a particular aspect of thought healing. Find yours online at your favorite retailer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment